Web Hosting SLA
Our web hosting service level agreement (SLA) sets out the level of availability and support the client is guaranteed to receive as part of our web hosting services. Vertanet does offer several web hosting packages, so the level of support and included features will vary. Where support is not included in a web hosting package, it is billed at our standard hourly development rate. Some premium services, such as managed WordPress hosting and maintenance, have a dedicated section herein.
The objective of this Agreement is to ensure the proper commitments and agreements are in place to provide a consistent service and level of support to the Client(s) by Vertanet, the Service Provider. This can be summarised as:
- Provide clear reference to service ownership, roles, responsibilities and accountability.
- Match perceptions of expected service management and provision with actual service support and delivery, for both the infrastructure and the website.
- Provide a clear and concise description of our service.
2. Service Agreement
The following services are covered in this agreement:
- Email support
- Telephone support
- Software and security updates
- Website backups
- Bug fixes
- Facilitating the Client’s security tests
2.2. Client Responsibilities
The Client requirements and responsibilities in support of this Agreement include:
- Payment of all costs and charges at the agreed interval.
- Reasonable availability of the Client or the Client’s representative(s) when resolving service-related issues.
- Providing Vertanet with a minimum of two weeks notice before conducting any security tests, such as penetration testing.
- Provide Vertanet with the contact details of at least two people who can be contacted in the event of service disruption.
2.3 Our Responsibilities
Vertanet’s requirements and responsibilities in support of this Agreement include:
- Ensure 99.5% Network and Power Availability of web hosting services and components.
- Meeting the agreed response times for service-related incidents, as set out herein.
- Ensuring the hosting environment remains secure.
- Appropriate notification of scheduled maintenance to the Client.
- Bug fixes and security updates are applied within agreed timescales for hosting and web platforms.
2.3.2 Managed WordPress Hosting and Maintenance
Vertanet’s requirements and responsibilities in support of this Agreement where managed WordPress hosting and maintenance is provided, include (in addition to section 2.3.1):
- Ensuring the WordPress core and applicable plugins are updated within the agreed timeframe, as required.
- Ensuring the website remains secure.
2.4. Service Assumptions
Assumptions related to service and/or components in-scope include:
- A minimum of two backups per week in the case of standard web hosting, and a minimum of one backup per day in the case of managed WordPress hosting.
- Changes to the service will be documented and communicated to the Client at least 30 days in advance unless otherwise approved.
- In the case website support is provided, only the most recent three version of the following browser will be supported:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Our SLA does not cover the following incidents:
- Issues with the Client’s local network or device, including but not limited to, firewall configuration, local network outages, software configuration or other equipment.
- Client’s domain names, which remain the Client’s responsibility when not registered with Vertanet.
- Service requests which require major changes will be chargeable.
3. Service Provision
3.1. Standard Web Hosting
- 3.1.1. Automatic backups. A website backup is taken at least twice weekly. Backups may be incremental and taken more regularly depending on the web hosting package.
- 3.1.2. Server-level threat detection and blocking.
- 3.1.3. Traffic encryption with SSL/TLS. All web hosting packages include SSL/TLS certificates at no extra cost.
- 3.1.4. Optimised platform. Our web hosting platforms are optimised for performance, especially for PHP based applications.
3.2. Managed WordPress Hosting and Maintenance
- 3.2.1. Automatic daily and real-time backups. Backups are taken daily, and in instances where we are able to detect an event, in real-time.
- 3.2.2. Server-level threat detection and blocking.
- 3.2.3. WordPress-level threat detection and blocking, including malware removal and security patching.
- 3.2.4. Traffic encryption with SSL/TLS. All web hosting packages include SSL/TLS certificates at no extra cost.
- 3.2.5. Website uptime monitoring, including visual change monitoring.
- 3.2.6. Regular WordPress core updates (a minimum of one check per week).
- 3.2.7. Regular WordPress plugin and theme updates (a minimum of one check per week).
- 3.2.8. Monthly website reports, detailing website metrics such as uptime and which updates have been performed.
- 3.2.9. A premium SMTP service (upon request) with 5000 emails per day included.
- 3.2.10. Performance optimisation of both the server and website, with ongoing monitoring.
4. Service Management
We aim to provide consistent service levels and as a result, maintain effective support for in-scope services.
5. Service Availability
Coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this SLA are:
- 5.1. Telephone support during UK business hours (excluding public holidays); 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- 5.2. Telephone calls received outside of our office hours will be forwarded to our voicemail service, and our best efforts will be made to resolve any issues, however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to take any action.
- 5.3. Email support is monitored during UK business hours (excluding public holidays); 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- 5.4. Emails received outside of office hours may be handled, although we cannot guarantee that we will be able to take any action.
- 5.5. Any planned maintenance that will involve a loss of service or a considerable risk of loss of service, will be advertised at least 2 days in advance. Emergency maintenance may be actioned without prior notice.
6. Service Requests
Vertanet will aim to respond to service-related incidents and/or requests by the Client within the following time frames:
- 6.1. For issues classified as high priority, we will respond within 0-6 hours during office hours.
- 6.2. For issues classified as medium priority, we will respond within 48 hours during office hours.
- 6.3. For issues classified as low priority, we will respond within 72 hours within office hours.
Incident classifications will be used to determine the priority of a service-related incident and/or request, and are defined below. Items marked with an asterisk (*) only apply to WordPress hosting and maintenance.
The priority of any service-related incident and/or request not defined in the above table shall be subject to the agreement of the Service Provider and Client.
If we fail to deliver on our 99.5% uptime guarantee for network and power availability we will credit the Client’s account with 10% of the equivalent monthly free, for every full hour of downtime, up to a maximum of the equivalent monthly fee. In order to make a claim on our SLA, please contact the support team or your account manager as applicable.
Our uptime guarantee for hosted WordPress and maintenance is 100%, with the same compensation structure as set out above.